Applications are accepted once a year and are due at the end of each July.
1. Family reviews information about the Saranam program, its goals, expectations and requirements (this is generally done with the referring agency)
2. Application found online, returned to Sarnaam by mail or fax from referring agency.
A complete application will include:
3. Referral and Application Reviewed by Saranam staff (as received). Background checks will be completed.
We screen out major violent and/or sex offenders, and recent drug offenders. We must keep all families in the program as well as volunteers and staff safe.
4. Applicant adults will be asked to give a drug test.
A sufficient length of sobriety must be obtained prior to application. Rule of thumb: 90+ days.
5. Family Interview with Saranam staff.
6. Families accepted into program will move into their apartment/house.
7. Week One – Go over Rules/Contract. Orientation and Assessments.